Monday, April 16, 2012

Belly laughs and heart smiles from my boys!

There are times that my boys do things that seriously make me laugh!

The other evening, I was a bit upset with my family. Honestly, I was just feeling totally defeated in the game of being a step-mom. So what did I do? I grabbed my keys and left before I said something incredibly ugly to kids that were being, well, KIDS!

I went to our local hang out but since I don't really "hang out" very often anymore, I didn't know anyone in sight except the bartender. So I selected a seat at the end of the bar away from the crowd. As I sat there, I just stewed over the evening's activities.

As usual, I had my phone and when it beeped a message notice, I opened it to find this (edited for personal protection of my kiddo):

Hey liz! Im sorry...
but we are friends now and i love you still. Also, can you and i do something together? Go anywhere you want. france, germany, spain, paris, the sewers i really dont care as long as we are a family. 
 
Oh, my! I nearly lost my drink right there in the restaurant!
Do you know how hard it is to explain that you are laughing to near tears when you are by yourself and there are only TVs airing sports events? It's impossible without telling the truth.

Needless to say, I hurried home to give my little monkeys a big hug! I guess we all have our moments and hugs are much better than frowns. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so good LOL got a great deal of laughter out of this one, only you my dear friend, could walk away from the War and Come back with flying Colors of a great deal of LOVE .. !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Sounds like you have some great boys, even if they do leave you at your wits end sometimes.

    P.S. If you get to choose where to go, pick ANYWHERE but the sewers! ;)

    ReplyDelete